It is a well-known fact that home loans are an easy way to finance your dream home. With various benefits like quick disbursal, easy application process and flexible repayment tenures, anyone can borrow the necessary funds to purchase a home. The paperwork process can at times be time consuming, increasing the time of loan approval. In order to avoid any bumps and ensure a hassle free documentation, we list down the requirements for salaried, self-employed individuals and the importance of submitting the documents to the lender.
Providing adequate and accurate documents can accelerate your loan approval process. Before you go ahead with the application process, ensure that you have the following documents in order.
- Passport size photograph
- Identity proofs – Copy of PAN, Aadhaar card or Voter Id
- Residence proof – a copy of passport, voter ID, Driving licence, Aadhar card and utility bills like telephone bill or electricity bill.
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, you also need to submit the following income proof documents –
For salaried person
- Salary slips for the last three months
- Form 16 and Income tax returns for the last two years
- Last six months bank statements where salary is credited
- Last six months bank statement of any other bank account
- Details of any existing loan availed along with its track record.
- Property documents with sanction map
For self-employed individual
- 12 months bank statement/ passbook copy
- 12 months bank statement of any other bank account. The bank details should contain the name of the account holder, account number, bank name and branch.
- Last three years profit and loss account and balance sheet certified by a Chartered Accountant.
- Degree certificate
- Last three years income tax returns, including your business’s IT return.
- For a partnership firm: Registered partnership deed, letter from other partners
For company: memorandum of articles of association
For HUF: IT returns
Moreover, if you were taking a joint loan, all the applicants would have to submit the documents individually with their relationship proof with you.
Why Do Lenders Ask for Your Documents?
The lenders ask for documentation as it helps them assess your home loan eligibility. Your documents serve the following purpose for the lenders –
- Through the documents, lenders gauge your financial stability and assure that you would be able to repay the loan amount.
- Documents also help the lenders verify your credit score.
- Through the documents, the lenders can verify your age, nationality and occupation. Lenders also use your documents to scrutinize your spending and saving habits.
While submitting the documents, ensure that they are in order and contain accurate information. Also, it would help if you contact the lender or visit the lender’s website beforehand to have a thorough knowledge of all the documents needed before applying. Incomplete documentation can delay your home loan approval and may lead to rejection.